The Talon

Comments (11)

The Talon intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Talon does not allow anonymous comments, and The Talon requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed, but will be used to confirm your comments.
All The Talon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

astrid herreraApr 29, 2024 at 11:31 am

I think the best advice is always completing the major assignments since it carries your grade.

Reply
  • D

Dylan HooverApr 29, 2024 at 10:15 am

This school year went by very fast and I believe that I liked my freshman year but I want to improve my work ethic for next year.

Reply
  • L

LizbethApr 26, 2024 at 1:20 pm

There’s no way the school year is already over. It went by so fast. We have all learned and developed a lot of new things. It was a fun, enjoyable and cool freshman year for me and i can’t wait for sophomore year.

Reply
  • J

Jayla TibbsApr 24, 2024 at 12:03 pm

My freshmen year was fun. I met new people. I though that it would be difficult to find classes and meet new people but its actually fun and worthy

Reply
  • A

angela ogbeideApr 23, 2024 at 1:31 pm

My freshman year was a whole lot but i’ve met a lot of new people, I can’t believe school is almost over i can literally remember the first day

Reply
  • C

cailynn whiteApr 23, 2024 at 12:03 pm

My freshmen year was okay and I probably wouldn’t want to do it over again. I agree with most of the things my classmates in the article had to say about freshmen year.

Reply
  • J

Jasmine VillanuevaApr 22, 2024 at 1:19 pm

I can’t believe that it’s almost the last day of school, freshmen year passed really fast. I think one thing I want to work on for next year is procrastinating way less, because it stresses me out a lot. I also agree that you should remember you aren’t alone in High School or else you can get really overwhelmed.

Reply
  • S

stella bittingerApr 22, 2024 at 12:10 pm

My freshman year was overall decent. I have classes with most of my friends and I was able to get around really easy with help. I would want to improve on making my assignments better.

Reply
  • A

Allison AvilaApr 22, 2024 at 10:57 am

I am really bad at balancing my school life and social life. my grades are still okay rn, but since i’ve been making me hanging out with friends a bigger priority my grades have been lowkey falling a tad bit. i recommend just finding a good schedule to balance both out well

Reply
  • V

veronicaApr 22, 2024 at 10:56 am

being a freshman was hard at first, i was not used to the hallways being so crowded , so many people in the bathroom and just how much different it is from middle school. This year i have worried way more about my grades, just cause i know the cost i will pay in the future. I want to succeed in life, make sure i am stable financially and mentally. I want to make my mom proud as I am the only child she has.

Reply
  • G

genesisApr 22, 2024 at 10:50 am

I learned that it’s important to stay true to yourself and to stay on top of your work. I’ve been enjoying the year so far, it’s different from middle school for sure. One thing I like about high school is all the opportunities that they provide and how all the grades are together so i can see my higher class friends.

Reply