The Talon

Comments (10)

The Talon intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Talon does not allow anonymous comments, and The Talon requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed, but will be used to confirm your comments.
All The Talon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• C

Cash ShortOct 8, 2023 at 11:47 am

I notice how you talk about middle school and Highschool as if it’s immediately a different environment. Depending on what highschool you go to, socially and activity wise it can be the exact same thing. Even still entering middle highschool from a descent middle school, your first 2 years of highschool aren’t going to be much different besides the physical environment. When you become a junior is when you start preparing for college (or at least you should) at which point your social and extracurricular life may take a juristic change.

Reply
  • S

stella bittingerSep 28, 2023 at 1:25 pm

High school is a lot better than middle school. I agree with it because I felt the same way as the sources. I like how descriptive the quotes are and it makes the point clear.

Reply
  • L

LizbethSep 28, 2023 at 1:16 pm

I really like this article because i can connect to it and i really get all of the people and quotes in here. Kimberly Miranda made a really good point with saying that middle school and high school are definitely not the same. High school is definitely gonna be harder but it’s a new change and experience, so hopefully it’ll be fun.

Reply
  • M

Michelle McDonellSep 28, 2023 at 12:14 pm

I really like this article, and not just because I’m quoted in this lol. I think this topic is a lot of fun because not only do the freshmen get to talk about how they feel, but the upperclassmen get to see how we feel. I feel like this article is a fun glimpse into the awkwardness of freshmen year, and that is really funny to me. I love this so much, good job Jasmine. Also thank you for asking me a few questions!

Reply
  • G

genessis sosaSep 28, 2023 at 11:39 am

High school is very different from middle school. I agree with the artical because as a freshman I was very nervous to start high school. I felt like I was growing up too fast and was scared to go to high school.

Reply
  • V

vivian garciaSep 28, 2023 at 10:58 am

Reading this makes me think back to my freshman year and how nervous I was on the first day but it is something we all go through. I’ve met some new freshman and they are definitely way more calm compared to last years freshman. I do look forward to be helping some in HLA!

Reply
  • R

Rachelle MoraSep 28, 2023 at 10:54 am

Going into highschool is definitely nerve racking. I was nervous to see how highschool would be after having to do my 8th grade year online due to covid. Now that i’m a junior I realized it’s not too bad but it is definitely more serious than middle school.

Reply
  • J

Jack BaileySep 28, 2023 at 10:39 am

As a guy who did virtual learning throughout my freshman year, it’s fascinating to read about the freshmen who experienced the year in-school. I wouldn’t have thought that freshmen would have enjoyed lunch at Osbourn more than at Metz. This is a fun read.

Reply
  • A

Allison AvilaSep 28, 2023 at 10:38 am

high-school does feel a lot more empty as if there’s not much to do, I really hate having to walk from one side of the building to the complete opposite side of the building like -_-

Reply
  • T

TySep 27, 2023 at 1:41 pm

I agree with article because I was a person that was nervous and scared because I didn’t know what high school life was all about. It’s more stressing and serious than middle school

Reply