They’re Not Waiters, But Boy Can They Serve! Osbourn Boys Tennis Gives It All They’ve Got

With spring now here, Osbourn boy’s tennis is now in season, the roster consists of 12 players. What positions are in tennis and how is it scored? Well, there are no specific positions in tennis because it is an individual sport. Tennis players are often grouped into one of three categories: baseliners, serve-and-volley players, and all-court players, now how do you score a tennis match, well tennis doesn’t use traditional scoring, tennis is a four-point game that must be won by a two-point lead. The name of these four points is love (zero), 15, 30, 40, and game. If the game is tied at 40, it extends until one player wins by a two-point lead. There are six games in a set and two or three games in a match.

With them well into their season, how have improved throughout the year? Junior Kaden West said, ” I love playing tennis and I get tips from coaches or even look up videos, etc, so that I can improve every year, overall I feel like I’ve gotten better, I would also like more people to come out and support the team.”

With the season soon being over for the Eagles, they are looking to give it their all and continue getting better throughout the season, now about their matches, who have they played and who do they have left on their schedule? Come out for the remaining matches and support the Osbourn boys tennis team as they soar through the rest of the season.

3/9 The Eagles started their season with their first scrimmage against Annandale High School at home.

3/13 The Eagles started their home opener against district opponent John Champe High School.

3/16 The team stayed at the Eagle’s Nest and matched up against another district opponent, Freedom High School(SR).

3/20 The team went on the road for the first time this season and once again matched up with another district opponent, Gainsville High School.

3/21 The Eagles go back-to-back days with a match against Park View High School at home.

3/27 The Eagles came back home and went against a very familiar face in Unity Reed High School.

3/29  The Eagles visit a region opponent on the road to Potomac High School.

3/30 The Eagles stay on the road and visit a district opponent at Battlefield High School.

4/11 The Eagles come back from spring break and travel to the kids down the block at Osbourn Park High School

4/13 The Eagles once again match up against the Knights and travel to Johne Champe High School.

4/17 The team stays on the road and travels to the other Eagles in the district, Freedom High School (SR)

4/20 The team travels back home and looks to take down the other birds in the district, Gainsville High School.

4/24 The Team goes to Nokesville to go against district opponent Patriot High School

4/27 The Eagles look to beat the team 3 miles away from them, Unity Reed High School

Stay tuned for more updates and come out and support Osbourn boys tennis!