Rise and Shine! What Time Do Students Wake Up On School Days?

It’s no surprise that some people take more time getting ready than others. Everybody has different wake-up times, some might wake up at 5 others wake up at 7:50 . The main goal is to be able to catch the bus or walk on time and get to school before 8:20 to avoid being late.

There are many positives to waking up very late. At a young age, lots of sleep is needed for teenagers. Teenagers need more sleep than adults. It’s very good to wake up late for school because you’re getting lots of sleep. It helps you not feel tired during the day and even helps you focus up more because you’re not tired. Waking up late can help you make your days better and more active because you get more sleep. Overall it’s a very good thing to wake up late, makes you focus up.

“I wake up around 7:50, I take showers the day before to sleep a bit more and normally it doesn’t really take me long to pick my outfit and change. Most of the time I pick it the day before and I always pick comfortable clothes. I live very close to the school. I have a 6-minute minimum walk to school. So that’s why I wake up somewhat late,” said freshman Juan Gutierrez.

Other students wake up a bit earlier. One of the best things about waking up a little earlier is it gives you time to sleep but you still have time to make yourself look good. It even gives you time to do any extra things like homework, breakfast, folding your sheets, and even just having some time for yourself.

“I wake up at 7 a.m. on the dot, The first thing I do when I wake up is take a shower. By around 7:15 I’m done. Next, I pick my outfit and change into it; when I get done with that I go and add texture to my hair to make it fluffy. Around this time it’s 7:30. I ride the bus so have to be out of the house by 7:43, it takes me 3 minutes to get to my bus stop. So I leave the house at 7:38 and get there at 7;41 and that’s my morning schedule,” said freshman Dixon Aldana.

“I wake up around 6:30 and the first thing I do is take a shower. I take a 20-minute shower. After I shower I go and change. I pick my outfits out the day before, so that saves time. It takes me 3 minutes to change into it. By this time it’s 6:55. Then I go downstairs and eat breakfast. Normally I have coffee or some cereal, but it always takes me 20 minutes. So after I am done, it’s always 7:20 or 7:30. With the leftover time, I just watch some YouTube shorts.  My bus normally gets there at 7:45 where I leave at 7:40,” said freshman Christopher Gonzalez.

“I wake at 6:20 but it takes me 7 minutes to get up and fold my sheets. Then I take a very cold shower. It takes me like 15 minutes. Then I go change and pick out my outfit. This takes me about 2 minutes. By this time it’s 6:55. I watch TikTok for 5 minutes until 7:00. After this I usually decide to go downstairs and make myself some coffee and watch some more TikTok until it’s time to leave at 7:37 when my bus comes,” said freshmen Ryan Munoz.

Waking up super-early is an option some students choose. Having lots of time to shower, dress up, eat, and do morning chores can be luxurious. It gives you so much time to yourself and definitely gives you lots of time so you don’t need to rush.

“The time I wake is around 5:00 a.m. I get up and go for a run. After my run it’s around 5:35, I chill out for a little for like 10 minutes. After that, I normally decide to take a shower and look for my clothes, which takes me 30 minutes. After my morning run and shower it’s around 6:15. At this time I sometimes decide to go back to sleep for like an hour. After that it’s around 7:15 when I fold my sheets and go downstairs to go eat breakfast. Normally I always have coffee with bread or cereal. It takes me about another 20 minutes to eat breakfast. After breakfast, I chill for like 3 minutes to wait for the bus,” said freshman Fares Campos.