Student Spectators Bring Enthusiasm and Energy to Home Games

“It’s one of the highlights of the Friday night lights. Even on nights when the student section is shy of students, I still manage to take advantage of it and show my school spirit! No matter the sport, I always encourage people to join me in the student section. It’s a great way to be involved in your high school experience,” said senior Michey Nolasco. 

As the football season continues at OHS, the student section keeps the energy upbeat and motivates players during football games. When the crowd is feeling shy, the rowdy student section brings school spirit back to the crowd!

Dressing out for themes at football games is a favorite part of the high school experience. It gives students an opportunity to show their school spirit, and support their school’s teams. 

“It really fills my heart because one of the things about high school is being involved, and seeing students dressing out brings a smile to my face. Seeing them engaging in out-of-school activities warms my heart because that is what high school is really about,” said Mr. Pflugrath Osbourn’s principal.

The process of coming up with the home game themes can be stressful, but it is worthwhile once seeing students and faculty members participating, and showing pride when supporting our school.

“I feel great about the level of participation because it’s embarrassing when nobody follows the theme. When we order stuff for the games such as pink-out socks or glow-in-the-dark scrunchies, we love having the crowd match us,” said cheer captain Madalyn Henderson, who is in charge of deciding on OHS football game themes. 

Being in the crowd and part of the student section keeps spectators upbeat at the games.

It’s one of the highlights of the Friday night lights. Even on nights when the student section is shy of students, I still manage to take advantage of it and show my school spirit! No matter the sport, I always encourage people to join me in the student section. It’s a great way to be involved in your high school experience,” said senior Michey Nolasco. 

The student section isn’t limited to a certain number of people; anyone and everyone can participate! Students go all out for themes, and seeing new faces can spark new and long-lasting friendships.

“I love seeing new people come out to games and experience high school football, so I’m looking forward to seeing new faces in the student section,” said senior Maya Litchfield. 

Participating in themes and going to games to show school spirit can bring students closer as a student body, and create memories that will last in high school.

“I feel a part of the family. I think dressing out for games is more than just the cause, it’s for something bigger than just you. You feel like part of the Osbourn family, and dressing out makes me feel like I am not the only one showing school spirit and I am showing spirit with my students,” explained Mr. Pflugrath. 

Osbourn High School’s student section brings pride to the high school and its athletic teams by showing up and participating loudly. It keeps students and players motivated to continue at the game. The student section is always looking forward to seeing new faces and having more students engaged in the bleachers at football games.  Without the spirited students in the bleachers, football games would not have the same bright and enthusiastic energy.