Falling into Fun

Osbourn students participate in annual Fall Jubilee in Old Town

Karina Quezada-Ilbarra, Staff Writer

The Annual Fall Jubilee, in Historic Downtown Manassas is an event where all families are welcome to enjoy some family fun. Live music, entertainment, games and booths are present at the event. Foods and products from different cultures all over the world were sold at the booths.

Cosmetology and Osbourn club SkillsUSA, held a booth that included: face painting, henna, and a photo booth. Families were able to come in and had the opportunity to choose whichever design they desired or wanted. First, they were asked to look up a design on their smartphone and the painters would get moving and start painting.  Mrs. Hein, who was in charge of the photo booth, took everyone’s picture and made everyone feel welcome and happy.

Cosmetology students were in charge of face painting and henna. They painted unicorns, pumpkins, flowers, and even Spider-Man masks. Every student was on task and paid attention to all the wonderful kids.

“I’m in Cosmetology and I enjoyed helping out at the booth, I love kids and it made me happy seeing them love the things we painted on their cute little faces,” said Junior Kimberly Laos.

“I liked the flowers the girls did on me,” said 10-year-old Diana Corona.

Fall Jubilee brings joy and happiness to everyone who attends and is one great way to enjoy the season.