True Blood

NHS hosts their annual blood drive in 2019.

True+Blood

Sam Flint

Daniel Duong, Writer

The National Honor Society sponsored a Blood Drive on November 21st. Students had several requirements in order to participate in the Blood Drive. 

The student must be 16 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and have a signed permission form from a parent or guardian. 

This year, physics teacher Ms. Heaver supported the Blood Drive event.

Among the many students that participated in this year’s event was Raul Pinto. 

Junior Raul Pinto participated in this year’s Blood Drive for the first time. 

The process of drawing blood is relatively simple. A needle is inserted into your skin and extracts your blood that is sent into a tube. 

“The needle didn’t hurt,” Pinto said. For some, the needle is the last thing students get worried about. 

“The only time I was nervous was after because I was getting lightheaded. I thought I was going to pass out,” Pinto said. Drawing blood can make the patient tired as blood is what keeps you awake. 

Pinto intends on participating next year in the next Blood Drive event, which will be again, sponsored by the National Honor Society. 

“First I wanted to do this just to see what my blood type was. I’m also doing it again because it makes you feel better than you are helping someone else with your blood,” Pinto said, explaining why he participated in the Blood Drive. All students who fit the necessary requirements are encouraged to come and participate. The next Blood Drive will take place next year in 2020.