PSAT difficulties and challenges are becoming a problem

Joseph Adebiyi, Writer

Sophomore, Anthony Martinez feels that the PSAT puts too much pressure on students. 

“Puts to much pressure on students to try and get a good score and it’s stressful,” Martinez said. 

Sophomore,  Edgard Sabraro feels as if the PSAT guilt trips freshman and Sophmores to taking it. Edgard Sabraro said “ it should not be needed for Freshman and Sophomore to take it since there’s scores won’t matter,”

Sophomore, Dany Reyes believes that the PSAT is a good representation of your growth. “Yes it really shows you if you’re ready for college,” Reyes said. 

While a sophomore, Jayden Kamara believes that the PSAT is not a good representation of your growth. “No, because you could guess and get an answer right, it’s a 50/50,” Kamara said.

Junior Jimmy Martinez was asked “Do you think the scholarships given from good PSAT scores are a good or bad thing ?” Martinez said “ good because it is a good way to give kids more opportunities and help with college.” 

A lot of people felt as if the time to complete the PSAT test was too short. Junior, Angel Rivas believes the time given to complete the PSAT was not fair. 

“I think that the time given to complete the PSAT was too short because some questions needed to be evaluated more,” Rivas said.

Sophomore, Elias Sanjuan also believes the time given to complete the PSAT was too short.

“No, because the questions were difficult and needed more time,” Sanjuan said.

Many people think the PSAT and SAT should be given more times during the year instead of just two.

Sophomore, Brandon Araujo voiced “ No because it could lead to more stress and leaving students less focused given the added pressure” Araujo said.