College Changes for Class of 2021

kirst19

“Day 215: Filling out the Moore Theological College application :-)” by kirst19 is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

Leila Hogan, Writer

Despite COVID-19 seniors of high school have still applied to colleges, and the colleges are still looking and accepting.

“I applied to University of Virginia, University of Delaware, University of North Carolina, Ohio State University, University of Colorado, Virginia Tech, and James Madison,” senior Maddie Kiefer said.

“I’d want to go to either George Mason University or Northern Virginia Community College,” senior Quinn Wescott said.

To get accepted into a college requirements need to be made. Every year the requirement for a single school usually stays the same, but with the virus, colleges have altered their requirements to make it easier for seniors.

“A lot of the schools didn’t require me to turn in an SAT score,” senior Mia Dozier said.

“Most places closed down testing,” Wescott said. 

Along with the requirements many seniors like to visit college campuses to see if that is the college they want to attend.

“Campus tours were difficult, there weren’t many tours and the tours they did have were a one person group and were extremely difficult to get into,” Kiefer said. 

With all of this change students were still accepted into their wanted colleges.

“I got into Christopher Newport University and West Virginia University,” Dozier said.
“I got into George Mason,” Wescott said. 

Students can agree that they look for a brighter future.

“I really hope that the world can be somewhat normal next year so I can enjoy my first year of college,” said Dozier.